Concerned About a Student?

Use this guide for deciding how to report student concerns such as non-attendance, harmful thoughts/threats and emotional health or wellbeing issues. This is not an exhaustive list. If you need assistance, please contact the Dean of Students at 501-852-0244


  • Immediate concern for students, faculty or staff (imminent suicidal action or active threats of harm to self or others and/or highly erratic or bizarre behavior)
  • Medical emergency
  • Welfare check
  • Classroom disruption where you are unable to gain control of student/situation

  • References to suicide or statements of hopelessness
  • Food insecurity or financial concern
  • Extreme homesickness or inability to adapt to campus life
  • Illness (physical or emotional) or injury that causes prolonged absences
  • Non imminent emotional health concern (hearing voices, depression, lack of self care)
  • Appearing under the influence (non-disruptive)
  • Death of a family member

  • Excessive absences
  • Sudden loss of interest in school work/class and/or failure to complete work
  • Abrupt decrease in grade